A Guide to Historic Beaufort by Historic Beaufort Foundation stated "In the late nineteenth century the front of this attractive house was the paymaster's office at the Coosaw Mines on Lady's Island. After the mines closed it was moved in 1907 by lighter across the River to the end of Pinckney Street. From there it was rolled on logs to its present location on Hancock Street.
The Trasks needed bedrooms and storage space for their growing family with 3 young boys. The location of the house was crowded by a magnificent Live Oak on the North side of the lot. By once again moving the structure, we were able to give the oak some room and provide the boys with bedrooms in a small building footprint. The kitchen's original heart pine ceilings were exposed and a new kitchen installed.
The Trasks sold the house to the Robbins who wanted to complete the outdoor living spaces. Under the huge live oak we installed an exterior living, dining, kitchen and oyster roast grill. They also built an exterior spa and a gate on the historic green.